Searching...

Amazon

Translate

Search This Blog

608 Six O Eight

2:07 PM
SIX O EIGHT 
When I was in the twelfth grade I had already read a book called The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, which is a book that talks about how you can attract whatever you wish for. So I wanted to try out the principle of the book which is the “The Law of Attraction” that states, whatever you focus on the most on a daily basis is what you are going to attract in your life. 

I wanted to use the “The Law of Attraction” in the national examination called matrik that was coming up. In order to get in the Universities of my choice, I needed to get high marks on this examination. My sister had already took the examination before, so I asked her to give me the result paper that she received. Then I created a result paper that is similar to that of my sisters. I put all the results that I wanted to get for each of the subject and calculated a total sum of 608 out of 700. Which is the very high mark for the matrik examination.

I placed the result paper I created on a book shelf in front of my bed, so that I could see it every time I wake up in the morning. All through the day, when I am not doing anything, I focused on the result number that I wished for (which was 608). I would repeat it several times in my head (Sometimes laughing at myself for doing this). In the class room I wrote 608 on my desk, I wrote it on the back of my exercise book. I kept focusing on the number daily until the examination day.

After two months or so after the examination day, the result was out. I used my phone to see the results. I entered my ID to the website, and my result came to the screen. And it was not what I expected. The result was not 608 it was 497. Which is not a bad result for the exam but I was really thwarted and disappointed that I didn’t get the results that I wished for.

About a week after the result day, my dad was out on a field for work out side of my city (Addis Ababa). He phoned me and asked me if I wanted a brand new shoe. And I said I will be happy. I told him my shoe size and he bought me the shoe. The next day he came home and gave me the shoe that he bought and you wouldn’t believe what happened.

In the back side of the shoe, where normally the brand of a shoe is written, a number was printed. And it was the number 608. What are the odds that a shoe that had 608 on it, about 600 km away from my city was bought and brought to me? Then it intrigued me “The law of attraction” really worked, I just didn’t use it correctly. The mistake I made was that, I was only focusing on the number not the exam result. I didn’t really visualized the exam result, I just merely repeated the number 608 in my head. I didn’t make a connection between the number and the exam. I didn’t make it specific like “I will get 608 in the matrik.”

What I learned from this experience and researches I did about it, is that in order to use the “Law of attraction” or to achieve any goal or any dream, you must be specific. You must make your dreams or your goals as detailed as you can make it and focus on it on a daily basis. 

If you haven’t already read the book “The secret by Rhonda Byrne”, I recommend that you read it. You would really enjoy it.
“Write your goals down in detail and read your list of goals every day.”
-Jack Canfield

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors

Followers

Bollywood - Los Angeles

EDM Radio