Searching...

Amazon

Translate

Search This Blog

Choosing a faith over fear

8:22 PM
A friend told me about his wife, who always seemed to think bad guys were prowling around their home. At least once a week, she'd wake him up, claiming she heard a burglar downstairs. She'd stay on him until he'd go down and check it out every time.
This went on for years and years. Finally, one night, she did it again: "Get up. Get up. Somebody is downstairs."
A patient man, he followed the routine just as he had a thousand times before. But this time, he was met at the bottom of the stairs by a real burglar, who put a very real gun barrel between his eyes.
"Don't make a sound," the burglar said. "Just give me your valuables."
My friend did as he was told, handing over jewelry and cash. The burglar took the goods and was about to run off when my friend stopped him.
"Hey, wait a minute. You can't leave yet," he said. "You should come upstairs and meet my wife. She's been expecting you for thirty years!"
Great expectations make for great lives.
Don't be like my friend's wife. Expect God's favor. I know people who are being talked into having a bad year.
They've listened to the news reports so long they're expecting their finances to go down. They're expecting to barely get by. Yet their attitude should be: I'm expecting to have my best year so far. I'm expecting God to prosper me in the desert. I'm expecting every negative situation to turn around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors

Followers

Bollywood - Los Angeles

EDM Radio